Join Our Team!
Procurement & Supply Chain Consultant
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 01/08/2013
We are seeking Supply Chain Project Management Consultant / Specialist to support contract resource acquisition and contract management for our Edmonton, Alberta-based government client.
February 4, 2013 through December 31, 2013 with possible 1-year extension (40 hours/week)
The procurement specialist will support contract resource acquisition and contract management, as well as:
· Utilize existing contractual agreements that may be in place to acquire resources, if those contracts address the specific requirements.
· Prepare statements of work, RFPs, invitations to bid, etc. for procurement of contract resources.
· Score Statement of Work (SOW) responses.
· Provide advice on procurement approaches to ensure alignment with Government of Alberta procurement and contracting policies and procedures.
· Schedule interviews for contract resources under consideration, prepare RFPs, evaluation plans, and final award recommendations.
· Provide RFP interpretations to vendors by developing written responses to questions.
· Facilitate and manage the contracting process for all procurement activities.
· Provide contract administration and managements of contracts to ensure contracts are still within the boundaries of the contracts; e.g. maximum amount, etc.
· Manage smaller projects.
Mandatory Candidate Requirements
· Related degree or diploma
· Demonstrated experience as a Project Manager with Procurement and Contract Management experience.
Desirable Candidate Requirements
Minimum of 5 years’ demonstrated experience in:
· Experience identifying, analyzing and managing project risks on large, complex IT/business projects
· Experience in supply chain management
· Demonstrated strong leadership and facilitation skills related to procurement.
· Demonstrated strong organizational skills
· Demonstrated procurement and contract management skills.
· Experience working in complex IT/business service delivery
· Experience in Government of Alberta or other public sector entity procurement processes
· Experience in developing RFPs
· Advanced writing abilities, communications skills and follow through (written and oral)
· Proven ability to analyze and manage complex interrelated contracts
For more information about the role, or to apply, contact Varsha Prashad at email@example.com.