Join Our Team!
Senior Project Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 01/18/2013
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead the implementation of a Public Health Communicable Disease and Outbreak Management information system, Release 1, through to completion. The consultant will be taking over from an existing resource.
Contract Duration: One year, from January 28, 2013 to January 28, 2014
· Preparation of a project charter.
· Provision of a project plan to progress the next project release, identifying key project tasks, deliverables and responsibilities.
· Preparation of a project-based communication plan for all levels, including stakeholders.
· Management of the overall project budget, tracking and reporting of budgets and variances.
· Project status reporting to PMO and Executives, IT and business sponsors, and stakeholders.
· Management of work stream leads, providing direction and mentoring/coaching.
· Completion of the project initiatives on time, on budget, with acceptable level of quality.
· Proactively managing scope to ensure that only what was agreed to is delivered, unless changes are approved through scope management.
· Significant project management experience; management of multi-million dollar, complex multi-stakeholder and/or multi-organizational IT projects
· Health care experience ideally in Public Health (5-7 years)
· Proven experience of managing COTS product configuration within the complete project life cycle (design to final user acceptance test).
· Proven experience in the area of clinical stakeholder engagement and communication.
· Proven experience of managing project teams with multiple skill sets including IT and subject matter experts with limited IT exposure.
· Proven facilitation skills (e.g., facilitating diverse groups to a decision or consensus)
· Demonstrated ability to manage / oversee multiple work packages concurrently and coordinate efforts with external dependencies
· Strong communication skills at all organizational levels from executive to front-line staff
· Proven experience in delivering projects which drive significant organization change in a complex decision making environment
· Experience working in large complex matrix organizations
· Organizing projects (e.g., negotiating resources, managing multiple teams)
· Proven experience in the identification, management and mitigation of project risks
· Management of vendor selection process and management of vendors
· Resource management – human and financial
· PMP designation
For more information about the role, or to apply, contact Varsha Prashad at email@example.com before Tuesday January 22, 2013.