Join Our Team!
Web Application Specialist *BACKFILL LIPI G.
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 01/21/2013
Our healthcare client in Edmonton, Alberta, requires a web application specialist to join the team developing an EHR solution which will enable indirect access to clinical repositories via system-to-system messaging.
ACTIVITIES / DELIVERABLES
The consultants will be involved during the implementation phase, including: development, testing, pilot implementation, and hand-over for maintenance and support. Knowledge transfer to operational resources is also required.
· Deliverables consist of technical modules and related documentation determined by the role assignment. The candidate will be expected to transition knowledge learned to the employer IT team that will support the solution in operations.
· Development of some components is expected to be completed in April 2013 and ready for other dependent service integrated testing.
· The candidate will also be involved in quality assurance required for the integrated testing.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent
· 3-5 years information technology experience
· Hands-on experience in the design, implementation and operation of enterprise integration solutions
· Java development experience is mandatory, including the implementation of web services on a Java platform.
· XSLT transformations and style sheet development in an integrated environment using XQuery, XML, XML Schema
· Clinical Document Architecture and custom implementations; working with HL7 v 3 message specification and validation, CDA Implementation guides, and conformance testing
· Experience reading and writing technical documentation and message specifications
· Experience with quality assurance processes
· Excellent problem analysis, problem solving, and organization skills
· Excellent communication, presentation, technical writing skills
· Self-directed, highly motivated and results driven
· Experience with any of the following is desirable: Healthcare industry experience, HL7 messaging standards, ITIL, Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, XML, SOAP
Desirable Skills and Experience
· Java servlet and JSP development with Eclipse Framework (WTP); experience with Altova XML Spy is an asset
· Previous work with the Jersey implementation of JAX-RS including XML and JAXB is highly desirable
· RESTful Web service work is highly desirable
· HL7 version 3 would be a definite asset; conversion from HL7 v2 to HL7 v 3 is nice to have
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Varsha Prashad at email@example.com.