Join Our Team!
Senior Business Analyst
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 01/23/2013
Our client in the Saskatchewan Government is seeking a senior business analyst to update, document and enhance existing business processes. The successful candidate(s) will be leveraged on multiple projects as required.
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Duration: 1 year + four additional 6-month extension options
In this role, you will:
· Work as a lead analyst supporting one or more projects in business analyst and project related activities.
· Perform Business Process Modeling (AS-IS and TO-BE)
· Document Use Cases based on Business Process Models
· Elicit, document and communicate functional and non-functional requirements for software application and business process development
· Create, document, and execute test strategy, plans and scripts
· Support creation of roles and responsibilities of business roles based on future state models
· Document and provide training materials for technical operations areas
· Compile and synthesize information related to both organizational and technical change management.
· Support and execute implementation strategies and plans.
· From time to time, assist with Project Management related duties and documents.
· Business Analyst with a minimum of 5 years experience.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, with varying stakeholder groups.
· Demonstration of 5 years of strong facilitation skills, with the ability to organize and facilitate workshops, interviews, and meetings, with both ministry staff and technical groups.
· Demonstrated ability to facilitate organizational change as it relates to business technology.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze, synthesize, document and communicate business information into technical specifications as well as simplify complex technical information into business language.
· Demonstrated ability to create, plan and execute testing strategies to support business process and software development quality assurance.
· Demonstrated ability to prepare project documents (e.g. business cases, proposals, functional requirements, strategies, training manuals, business/technical architecture specifications, feasibility study, detailed budget submissions, gap analysis, etc.)
· Experience facilitating and conducting business process mapping workshops, requirements gathering sessions and eliciting true requirements
· Senior level/lead analyst experience in business analysis methods and practices with experience in developing business and technical requirements for both maintenance and at least one large complex project
· Experience in developing and enhancing tools and methods for use in Business Analysis and Quality Assurance activities
· Experience working well with an integrated team of both business and technical resources
· Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience working with all levels within an organization and understanding business priorities
· Demonstrated communication skills, written, verbal, and active listening skills
· Demonstrated experience conducting presentations and actively participating in meetings
· Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Experience in the public sector
· Eligible for Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification
· Experience as a Project Manager is considered an asset
For more information about the role, or to apply, send your resume in confidence to Varsha Prashad at firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday January 28, 2013.