Join Our Team!
Senior Project Manager, Implementation
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 01/24/2013
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to manage the development and implementation of our Vancouver, BC client’s healthcare system.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Duration: February 14, 2013 – October 31, 2014 plus two additional 6-month extension options
In conjunction with the business lead the successful candidate will provide full project management support, including project planning, leading internal and external meetings, reporting, budget estimation, and preparation of materials for the Steering Committee and Stakeholders.
Major upcoming work includes:
· Preparation for Phase 1 - completion of interim workflows and initial hiring/training.
· Phase 1 - pilot implementation with one organization – planned start February 2013.
· Preparation for Phase 2 - completion of production level workflows and hiring/training.
· Phase 2 - implementation with remaining organizations – planned start April 2013.
· Phase 3 – implementation of final production level IT and Call Centre solutions – planned completion by October 31 2013.
The tasks and deliverables of the Senior Project Manager will include:
· Documenting and managing project scope, resources, costs and timeline.
· Setting and managing client expectations and managing day-to-day client interaction.
· Minimizing exposure and risk on project, and maintaining a Risk Register.
· Resolving and/or escalating issues in a timely fashion.
· Mitigating team conflict and communication problems.
· Leading internal teams/task forces .
· Developing and maintaining project documents such as the Charter and Master Project Plan.
· Creating and executing project work plans, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs.
· Identifying required resources and assigning individual responsibilities.
· Managing day-to-day operational aspects of the project.
· Reviewing and signing off major deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
· Ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
· Tracking and reporting project costs on a monthly basis.
· Holding regular status meetings with project team.
· Communicating relevant project information to steering committee and other stakeholders.
· Communicating difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
· Signing off on project milestones.
· Must have Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
· Must have 8+ years of project management experience
· Must have at least 3 years experience delivering solutions for mission-critical business functions
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must be capable of a high degree of analytical thinking, problem solving and the ability to deal effectively and rapidly with complex concepts
· Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
For more information about the role, or to apply, send a copy of your updated resume which reflects your specific experience with the activities and requirements noted above, in confidence to Varsha Prashad at email@example.com before Monday January 28, 2013.