Join Our Team!
Oracle/PL/SQL Developer (x2)
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 02/19/2013
Our government client is looking for multiple Oracle/PL/SQL Developers/DBAs to be accountable for the successful and iterative development and deployment of various AT Oracle Packages, PL/SQL, and other related tasks, which include the delivery of prototype solutions.
Location: Edmonton, AB
Duration: 1 year (April 1, 2013-March 31, 2014-with possible 2 year extension)
The Oracle PL/SQL Developer/DBA must:
· Have broad industry experience in methods and processes in an enterprise application environment.
· Have sound knowledge of System Analysis and the methodologies and tools used in creating n-tier or similar software solution.
· Have sound knowledge and experience with Business Application Architecture. Design, Software Architecture Design, Design Patterns, and Database Modelling and Design.
· Have experience developing application solutions using PL/SQL.
· Have experience designing, creating and maintaining oracle database structures.
· Have experience in testing of third party products and integration testing with other systems/products.
· Have experience in software testing and software quality assurance
· Have demonstrated experience with the analysis of complex software solutions spanning multiple environments, and a deep understanding of web and desktop applications.
· Have strong understanding of web security, Firewall, DMZ and ability to program application within a high-security application and network environment.
· Have experience with integration of legacy systems with COTS SOA solutions.
· Have experience in developing test protocols and scripts based on business, functional, and non-functional requirements.
· Support the development of UAT infrastructure that includes preparing test scenarios, scripts and test data.
· Provide support to stakeholders in the execution of testing activities.
· I.T. related University Degree and/or NAIT or SAIT IT Diploma or demonstrated equivalencies.
· Must have completed at least 5 large projects
· Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated technical design experience in software development
· Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated technical design experience with large organizations
· Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in developing reports using Oracle Developer Suite 9i or later
· Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in using SQL
· Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in using Oracle PL/SQL
· Minimum of 2 year of demonstrated experience in using Oracle Database v 8.0 or later
· Minimum of 2 year of demonstrated experience in database object creation and maintenance
· Demonstrated excellent communications skills, and demonstrated team working experience
· Previous experience with software development and deployment related to the following application areas:
1. Inventory Management Systems
2. Permit Management Systems
3. Financial Systems
4. Contracting and Procurement Systems
5. Vendor Registry Systems
· Working knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence tool
· Experience and understanding of application modelling and prototyping
· Certification OCA, OCP, OCM, OCE
If interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume in confidence to Jeannette Kurtyka at email@example.com