Join Our Team!
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 02/19/2013
Our government client is looking for a QA/Software Tester to be accountable for gathering detailed testing requirements for various projects, for delivering iterative test strategy, plan, traceability, conduct manual/automated testing, and to assist in tracking/fixing defects.
Location: Edmonton, AB
Duration: 1 year (April 1, 2013-March 31, 2014-with possible 2 year extension)
The Software Tester/Quality Assurance must:
· Have experience in developing test plan and design & develop complete, end-to-end testing strategies.
· Participate in the execution of procedures for ensuring the quality and serviceability of new features and releases of software.
· Have experience in developing test protocols and scripts based on business, functional, and non-functional requirements.
· Author and execute test cases, using defined methodologies for manual and/or automated tests.
· Participate in test script automation.
· Update methods and procedures to ensure continuous improvement to software quality assurance and serviceability standards.
· Isolate, reproduce and track bugs and verifies fixes.
· Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action.
· Maintain and modify test environment and configuration as needed.
· Create new test environments and configurations to meet test cases or problem recreation requirements.
· Document test results, manage and maintains defect and test case databases to assist in the continuous improvement and modification of software.
· Assist in the assessment and planning of test efforts required for new functions/features under development.
· Work with software developers in resolution of problems.
· Provide support to stakeholders in the execution of testing activities
· I.T. related University Degree and/or NAIT or SAIT IT Diploma or demonstrated equivalencies.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience in creating test strategy, project plans and estimates.
· Minimum 5 years software testing experience, with a majority of that time spent working in an Agile/ iterative development methodology environment
· Minimum 5 years’ experience conducting performance reviews.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience to plan, manage and track QA activities throughout the SDLC.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience with automated testing paradigms, defect tracking methodologies and processes and test case management systems
· Minimum 5 years’ experience of testing methods and the different software development methodologies
· Minimum 5 years’ experience for User Interface, API, and exploratory manual testing
· Minimum 5 years’ experience testing applications distributed across multiple platforms and technologies
· Minimum 5 years’ experience using test case management and defect tracking tools
· Minimum 5 years’ experience to analyse testing needs at a high level for complex projects
· Minimum 4 years’ experience with both back-end and GUI front-end testing
· Minimum 2 years’ experience programming abilities in Java or other object oriented languages
· Minimum 4 years’ experience with software test automation, including API or web services testing (Selenium, WebDriver, REST, JUnit)
· Previous experience with software development and deployment related to the following application areas:
1. Inventory Management Systems
2. Permit Management Systems
3. Financial Systems
4. Contracting and Procurement Systems
5. Vendor Registry Systems
· Experience and understanding of application modelling and prototyping
· Certification in one or more (CAST, CMST, CSTE, CSTP, CTFL, CTAL, CMSQ , CSQA, CSQE, CQIA, CTAL-TA, CTAL-TTA)
· Experience using recent versions of IBM Rational Quality Manager
If interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume in confidence to Jeannette Kurtyka at firstname.lastname@example.org