Join Our Team!
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 02/22/2013
Our health care client is seeking a Technical Writer to produce the development of ICT technical standards, guidelines, and supporting documents.
LOCATION: Winnipeg, MB
DURATION: March 15-August 31, 2013; with possible extension until February, 2014
The Technical Writer will be expected to:
· review existing materials, in order to build on these rather than repeating this work
· conduct research necessary to produce comprehensive technical publications
· apply expertise to interview Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and define requirements
· derive new procedures to incorporate standard and other technical information modifications, as well as define appropriate supporting illustrations
· co-ordinate the preparation and the validation of texts, as well as other technical information documents related to requirements
· participate in peer reviews to validate documents for accuracy
· collaborates with the technical standards team and other subject matter experts to enable the completeness of the work task and the necessary updates to the publication(s)
· verifies and checks the preparation of illustrations and diagrams, as necessary
· ensure the release candidates are submitted to the appropriate approval bodies fore review and publication
· work independently but under direction of ICT Management and WRHA/eHealth leads
· The candidate has 5 years’ experience leading the development and publication of ICT technical standards, processes and artifacts within healthcare or other complex sectors.
· The candidate has 5 years’ experience working with a business analyst to collect and understand functional and nonfunctional requirements from multiple stakeholders through interviews and workshops in the ICT domain.
· The candidate has 5 years’ experience leading or in a role of a senior team member on a project in the documenting ICT standards, processes and guidelines.
· The candidate has 5 years’ experience working with Microsoft Word, Microsoft VISIO, SharePoint and other Microsoft Office tools to support the development of technical documents.
If interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume in confidence to Puneeta Kaur at email@example.com