Join Our Team!
Senior Business Analyst
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 02/22/2013
Seeking a Senior Business Analyst to assist our Saskatchewan government client with overall business analysis activities across projects within the Ministry’s Project Management Office portfolio.
The candidate should have a strong mix of business analysis and project management skills, with a high level of energy and organization required to work on multiple simultaneous projects. The candidate will be expected to actively participate in and support projects and teams by identifying and understanding overall business priorities and goals, gathering and evaluating requirements, and applying well-developed written communication and documentation skills to prepare and present project documents, including for example business cases, proposals, requirements and specifications, training manuals, etc.
The successful candidate will have further knowledge of and experience in business benefits evaluation and reporting, information profiling, and both project/budget tracking, control and risk management.
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Contract Duration: Full-time, on site for one year, with two additional 1-year extension options
The successful consultant will be responsible for:
· Applying a business analyst framework for success.
· Providing business analysis and leadership throughout projects.
· Requirements gathering.
· Contributing to the development of Business Cases and Project Charters.
· Contributing to effective control and risk management processes.
· Contributing to a tracking and reporting process.
· Managing and responding to changes as they relate to business requirements.
The individual will be expected to manage these pieces of work as part of the larger program, including deliverables such as functional and non-functional requirements documentation, as-is and to-be process maps, test plans, and test cases.
· Business Analyst with a minimum of 5 years experience at a Senior BA level.
· Minimum of 3 years experience working in multi-million dollar / multi sub-project initiatives.
· Experience facilitating and conducting requirements gathering sessions and eliciting true requirements.
· Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience working with all levels within an organization and understanding business priorities.
· Demonstrated communication skills, written, verbal, and active listening skills.
· Demonstrated ability to prepare project documents (e.g. business cases, proposals, functional requirements, strategies, training manuals, business/technical architecture specifications, feasibility study, detailed budget submissions, etc.).
· Demonstrated experience conducting presentations and actively participating in meetings.
· Ability to work in a team environment - sharing ideas and working collaboratively.
· Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently.
· Experience in the public sector.
· Knowledge of Project Management and Project Management methodologies.
· Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or, at a minimum, eligible to become CBAP certified.
· Experience with Curam Case Management Software is considered beneficial.
· Experience in information profiling is considered beneficial.
· Experience in business benefits evaluation and reporting.
For more information about the role, or to apply, send your resume in confidence directly to Puneeta Kaur at email@example.com before Wednesday February 27, 2013.