Join Our Team!
Service Desk Analyst/Sys Admin
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario
Status: Contract P/T
Posted On: 02/27/2013
Our government client is seeking a Part Time Service Desk Analyst/System Administrator to support its IT operations in St. Catharines. The IT Service Desk is a Tier 1 support delivery organization. The Service Desk provides support to 68,000 staff members throughout the Province.
This resource will be working anywhere from 20 to 36.25 hours a week, in shifts that may range from 4 hours to 12 hours in a 24/7 environment.
DURATION: April 1-December 31, 2013.
LOCATION: St. Catharines, Ontario
Incoming incidents and service requests are handled by the SD in the following manner:
· End-users contacts the SD by telephone, voicemail, facsimile, email, or S.ODO (Service Order
· Desk Online);
· SD receives and logs the request in the call management system (Remedy);
· SD diagnoses the request to determine needed support services;
· SD resolves the request OR dispatches (transfers –assigns) the call to a Tier 2, Tier 3 or other approved service provider;
· SD closes the request upon completion of the required support services.
The Service Desk (SD) may either dispatch/transfer/assign an incident or service request to a Tier 2/3 or other service provider through available and approved means used by the SD.
The SD is part of the ITS’Service Management Branch which is tasked to:
· Provide a single enterprise service desk for all users
· Provide consolidated infrastructure service fulfillment and provisioning
· Provide enabling ITSM processes to support IT Operations
· Technical support experience with Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, 7)/Office/Exchange
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Customer service oriented with strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
· Written skills to prepare system service documentation
· ITIL certification is an asset
· 2+ years previous Service Desk Experience
· Expert Knowledge, certification and prior working experience in ITIL practices and can guide other using this methodology
· ITIL Foundation V3 certification
· Service Desk Experience in ITSM compliant Remedy System
· Experience in ITSM compliant Remedy System
· Service Desk Experience in recognized and ITSM compliant Service Desk tool (Tivoli Service Desk, Heat, IMPACT, CA Service Desk)
· Experience in recognized and ITSM compliant Service Desk tool (Tivoli Service Desk, Heat, IMPACT, CA Service Desk)
· Helpdesk Desk Experience via an in-house developed tool
· Tier Support Experience via an in-house developed tool
· Case Management experience via emails, Word docs, etc.
· Previous Technical support experience with:
o Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, 7)/Office/Exchange/ Active Directory
o Blackberry support
· Possession of the following certifications:
o A +
o Network+ (or greater)
o Microsoft (MCSE)
o University or College Graduate
· Demonstrated experience covering the following:
o Following through on customer inquiries, requests and complaints, ensuring courteous and professional service. Correcting problems promptly and non-defensively.
o Taking actions beyond normal expectations, or adjusting the process to ensure accessibility to information or assistance.
o Strong written and verbal communication skills to respond to questions by providing clear, concise and accurate information
If interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume in confidence to Varsha Prashad at firstname.lastname@example.org