Join Our Team!
Project Management and Implementation
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 03/04/2013
Our health care client is seeking a Project Manager to coordinate the migration of their IT infrastructure to a shared service, which will include delivery of net new infrastructure, as well as integration of existing infrastructure.
DURATION: Tentative start date of March 18, 2013 until October 30, 2013, with a possible 2 year extension.
LOCATION: Burnaby, British Columbia
The Project Manager will:
· Lead a team of technical, business and planning resources and provide a single point of accountability to deliver the project in accordance with the program charter. The services shall generally encompass the following:
o Lead the planning team, which will be comprised of client and contracted team members.
o Provide project leadership, working closely with the client’s divisions to monitor and ensure the project accomplishes all goals of the project on time and to budget.
o Review and approve project deliverables and project artifacts, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
o Oversee stakeholder management and engagement of client’s divisions.
o Act as project liaison across the client’s server, network, security, and workstation support groups.
o Act as escalation point for the client’s resources, resolving issues where possible, escalating issues to appropriate governance bodies and executive as required.
o Present to client’s Transition Program Steering Committee; participate in other governance meetings as required.
o Develop and distribute regular project reporting.
· Act as Transformation liaison for the client
· Identify the project resource requirements and raise to management
· Lead resource project engagement to ensure all parties are kept apprised of project activities
· As necessary, lead implementation of changes to client’s operational processes to satisfy the infrastructure service requirements
· Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science or a combination of experience and education
· 15 years project management experience, preferably with experience managing IT infrastructure implementations.
· Training and experience in best practice project management techniques and processes.
· Experience implementing infrastructure for Emergency Services solutions.
· Preferred experience with E911 or similar dispatch service solutions.
· Preferred experience with onboarding new client groups into a Shared Services Organization.
· Experience working with, communicating to, and making formal presentations and recommendations to senior management within a large organization.
· Experience developing and implementing projects and business process initiatives designed to improve efficiencies.
· Experience leading an interdisciplinary team of technical and business resources effectively.
· PMP preferred.
If interested in pursuing this opportunity, please email your resume in confidence to Varsha Prashad at email@example.com