Join Our Team!
IMITS Consultants/Technical Integration Consultant
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 03/05/2013
Our health care client is seeking a IMITS Consultant/Technical Integration Consultant for a project to upgrade their technology infrastructure (both hardware and middleware).
DURATION: Tentative start date of April 1-September 30, 2013, with possible extensions
· Provide direction in the area of LIS technical Integration with the EHR.
· Participate in risk review meetings with LIS On-boarding representing technical risks.
· Review identified defects with Oracle and partners to ensure a complete understanding of any identified defects related to technical integration
· Provide guidance to other team members in understanding Integration functions
· Support design for integration with other domains.
· Provide input / participate in the creation of project plans with respect to infrastructure milestones/deliverables.
· Engage with the appropriate LIS owners to define the steps and action plans required to connect their LIS and subsequent data feeds into the interoperable Electronic Health Record (iEHR)- LIS (LIS) environment.
· Engage with domain owners to define the steps and action plans required to connect their POS and subsequent data feeds into the EHR environment.
· Conduct volume metric analysis on EHR traffic.
· Provide insight and strategy into setting the overall Tech Refresh master project plan.
· Create tactical level plans for the various workstreams contained within the overall master project plan.
· Coordinate project activities with partners and stakeholders.
· Provide input into overall testing strategy and plans.
· Act as a source of knowledge to other team members regarding the scope and depth of the Tech Refresh project.
· Coordinate activities with the Project Director.
· Identify and record system defects in the defect repository.
· Contribute to an overall testing schedule for each new release of the iEHR-PLIS system.
· Participate in change management by attending Change Advisory Board meetings.
· Participate in management of production issues by providing direction in the resolution of issues involving external integration.
· Participate as part of the team responsible for the production and release of the team’s interim and final deliverables, in accordance with the approved master project plan.
· Create or participate in the creation of Request for Investigation Documents (RIDs) and/or Change Requests (CR) as required .
· Prepare documentation and presentations for knowledge transition
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple terminology.
· 5 years of recent, related experience in an information systems technical environment is required
· Required experience in eHealth or other health-related IT/IM initiatives.
· Proven hands-on project experience with infrastructure tools and technologies
· Knowledge of integration software.
· Ability to analyze operational problems and recommend innovative solutions, demonstrating time management skills.
· Proven ability to plan and execute complex deployments
If interested in pursuing this opportunity, please send your resume in confidence to Puneeta Kaur, at firstname.lastname@example.org