Join Our Team!
Senior Solutions Designer
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 04/10/2013
Are you a senior solutions designer with more than 10 years’ experience designing, developing and implementing J2EE-based applications?
Do you have knowledge of Ontario Public Service Enterprise Architecture Artefacts?
Do you have experience with CASE tools, information retrieval packages, and data and process modelling with working knowledge of metadata structures, repository functions and data dictionaries?
Are you looking for a long-term contract in Toronto?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Our Ontario healthcare client is seeking a Senior Solutions Designer to assist with the design of hosted technology solutions based on service specifications, standards, policies, best practices and cost models, in order to meet application and solution business requirements and deliverables.
Contract Duration: August 1, 2013 to October 31, 2014 (320 days) with possible extension
Location: Toronto, ON
Project Activities & Deliverables
· Working with business analysts to translate business requirements and functional specifications into application design.
· Applying best practices in design to meet functional and non-functional requirements.
· Working with information architects to translate the design in the data model.
· Producing low-level design documents showing sufficient detail to allow developers to code.
· Working with infrastructure and technical teams to define physical application deployment.
· Working with security architects and privacy subject matter experts to ensure that the application design and physical deployment have the required level of security, and adhere to data privacy standards.
· Ensuring timely delivery of quality products.
· Analyzing and solving problems, identifying issues, and applying or implementing solutions.
· Working collaboratively with the architecture team to create required architectural artefacts.
· Ten (10) plus years of senior designer experience in the design, development and implementation of J2EE applications.
· Extensive experience with J2EE computing platforms, including Sun Solaris, Websphere, web services, Oracle databases, Java programming language and frameworks, communication protocols.
· Knowledge of OPS Enterprise Architecture artefacts, processes and practices, and the ability to produce technical documentation in compliance.
· Experience in structured methodologies for the analysis, design, development and implementation of applications in large systems environments.
· Experience in the use of development tools, Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools, information retrieval packages, and other software tools such as project management software
· and business reengineering software.
· Experience in the use of data and process modelling methodologies, techniques and tools, including a working knowledge of metadata structures, repository functions and data dictionaries.
· Awareness of emerging IT trends and directions.
· Proven communication skills and technical leadership skills with an ability to identify areas for improvement and recommend solutions
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
· Verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven troubleshooting and analytical experience.
· Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines.
· Experience with health care IT systems.
· Experience with government IT systems and processes.
· Knowledge and understanding of object-oriented analysis and design techniques.
For more information about the role, or to apply, please send an updated CV in confidence directly to Puneeta Kaur at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday April 15, 2013.