Join Our Team!
Mainframe Application Developer
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 04/18/2013
We’re looking for Mainframe (Natural) Programmers/Developers to provide day-to-day production support for our Saskatchewan government client’s Provincial Social Services mainframe applications.
Location: Regina, SK
Contract Duration: 1 year + 1-year extension option
** Candidates must be willing and able to participate in an on-call rotation (On-call for approximately one week in a 4-week rotation).
Activities & Deliverables
· Provide troubleshooting services to resolve procedural, technical and requirements for IT solutions
· Provide after hours support (on-call) approximately one week per 4-week rotation
· Design and conduct testing activities
· Provide conversion tasks from old systems to new
· Minimum of five (5) years experience in mainframe application development.
· Minimum of five (5) years experience administering a mainframe environment.
· Experience in the application of “best practice” application development methodologies.
· Experience with quality processes such as requirements reviews, design reviews, code reviews, and the development and implementation of testing strategies.
· Experience with mainframe environment configuration, security configuration and administration, service pack installation, and package build and deployment is required.
· Knowledge and experience with database concepts, theories, and principles.
· Extensive knowledge and routine usage of the following tools and technologies:
o EasyTrieve and Vision Builder
o Adabas (not required but an asset)
· Experience with project management methodologies such as processes, standards, and documentation.
· Experience contributing to project planning by providing accurate work breakdowns/tasks and estimates.
· Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate technical jargon to non-technical people and produce detailed documentation.
· Work well in a team environment.