Join Our Team!
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 04/25/2013
Seeking an intermediate technical writer with healthcare IT project experience, to develop and document ICT technical standards, guidelines and supporting documents for our client.
Location: Winnipeg, MB (full-time, on site)
Contract Duration: May 27, 2013 to October 31, 2013 (110 days/852.50 hours), with an additional option to extend (at client’s discretion) to May 31, 2014
The successful candidate will conduct the research necessary to produce comprehensive technical publications by applying expertise to interview Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and define requirements. The candidate will organize, communicate and develop the necessary technical documents to support ICT Services.
Candidate Status: Must be incorporated, or willing to incorporate
· Review existing materials in order to build on, these rather than repeat, this work.
· Conduct research necessary to produce comprehensive technical publications.
· Apply expertise to interview Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and define requirements.
· Derive new procedures to incorporate standard and other technical information modifications, and define appropriate supporting illustrations.
· Coordinate the preparation and the validation of texts, as well as other technical information documents related to requirements.
· Participate in peer reviews to validate documents for accuracy.
· Collaborate with the technical standards team and other subject matter experts to enable the completeness of the work task and the necessary updates to the publication(s).
· Verify and check the preparation of illustrations and diagrams, as necessary.
· Ensure the release candidates are submitted to the appropriate approval bodies fore review and publication.
· 5 years’ experience leading the development and publication of ICT technical standards, processes and artifacts within healthcare or other complex sectors. (At least two examples)
· 5 years’ experience working with a business analyst to collect and understand functional and nonfunctional requirements from multiple stakeholders through interviews and workshops in the ICT domain. (At least two examples)
· 5 years’ experience leading, or in a role of a senior team member, on a project in documenting ICT standards, processes and guidelines. (At least 2 examples)
· 5 years’ experience working with Microsoft Word, Microsoft VISIO, Sharepoint and other Microsoft Office tools to support the development of technical documents. (At least two examples)
For more information about the role, or to apply, please contact Nancy Sewell at email@example.com before Monday April 29, 2013.