Join Our Team!
Testing/QA Specialist (Intermediate/Level 2)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 06/10/2013
Are you an expert with WEB ACCESSIBILITY assessment, evaluation and planning?
Do you have in-depth knowledge of Web accessibility (WCAG)?
Do you have experience with automated testing?
Are you looking for a long-term contract in Toronto?
If so, read on!
We are looking for an Intermediate (Level 2) Systems Testing/QA Specialist with specialization in web accessibility and WCAG, for a 9-month government contract in Toronto, ON.
Activities & Deliverables
· Providing advice and guidance about using an automated accessibility assessment tool;
· interpreting assessment results;
· Responding to internal client inquiries regarding I&IT accessibility;
· Researching, evaluating, and reporting on I&IT accessibility-related topics or issues, as assigned.
· Using automated, manual, and assistive technology approaches, conduct on-request accessibility assessments of OPS I&IT solutions (including websites, web applications, documents, forms, etc.) in accordance with the ACOE assessment methodology.
· Preparing reports for review and approval (by ACOE Senior Accessibility Technology Analyst) for each accessibility assessment conducted.
· Providing job shadowing opportunities to allow FTE staff to test websites, web applications, and documents for accessibility.
· Supplying monthly reports of assessments conducted to ACOE manager.
· Providing expert advice and guidance to internal clients requiring interpretation of the findings of assessments, tips for remediation, techniques to follow, etc.
· Performing updates to ACOE Service Request database and ensuring information is current and accurate.
· Responding to internal client inquiries regarding I&IT accessibility solutions, issues, recommendations, best practices, etc.
· Researching, evaluating, and reporting to the ACOE Team on I&IT accessibility-related topics and/or issues, as assigned.
· Providing knowledge transfer to FTE staff on conducting accessibility assessments.
· Proven experience with web testing, design, and development.
· Detailed knowledge of I&IT accessibility, including Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, accessible web technologies, assistive technologies, accessible alternate formats, forms, tools (including assessment tools), etc.
· Knowledge and experience creating test plans, test scenarios/scripts, and producing defect reports for websites and web content.
· Knowledge and experience in the use of automated test tools and version control systems on one or more platforms.
· Knowledge of structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation, and maintenance of I&IT solutions.
· Subject matter expertise with applying accessibility assessment methodologies, evaluation assessment findings, and remediation planning