Join Our Team!
Senior Project Manager, Healthcare
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 06/11/2013
Are you a senior healthcare project manager?
Do you have experience planning, budgeting, leading and reporting on mission-critical healthcare development and implementation projects?
Are you looking for a long-term project in Vancouver, BC?
If so, read on!
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to manage the development and implementation of our government healthcare client’s clinical implementation project.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contract Period: ASAP to June 30, 2014 with two additional 6-month extension options (7.25 hrs/day)
Activities & Deliverables
The Senior Project Manager will work with the Business Lead to manage the overall project encompassing the Steering Committee, six project work teams and various health agencies. Upcoming phases include:
· Project Implementation - coordinate and direct day to day activities for the entire project team through the work team leads;
· Project Communication and Reporting - develop and deliver project communications; chair project steering and other committees, and provide ongoing status reports; and
· Project Closeout.
The tasks and deliverables of the Senior Project Manager include:
· Document and manage project scope, resources, costs and timeline;
· Set and manage client expectations and manage day-to-day client interaction;
· Minimize exposure and risk on project, and maintain a Risk Register;
· Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion;
· Mitigate team conflict and communication problems;
· Lead internal teams/task forces ;
· Develop and maintain project documents such as the Charter and Master Project Plan;
· Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
· Identify required resources and assign individual responsibilities;
· Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project;
· Review and sign off major deliverables prepared by team before passing to client;
· Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately;
· Track and report project costs on a monthly basis;
· Hold regular status meetings with project team;
· Effectively communicate relevant project information to steering committee and other stakeholders;
· Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully; and
· Sign off on project milestones;
MANDATORY Candidate Requirements
· Must have Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience;
· Must have 8+ years of project management experience;
· Must have at least 3 years experience delivering solutions for mission critical business functions;
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Must be capable of a high degree of analytical thinking, problem solving and the ability to deal effectively and rapidly with complex concepts; and
· Must be able to work effectively as part of a team.
For more information about the role, or to apply, contact Puneeta Kaur directly at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday June 14, 2013.