Join Our Team!
Senior Systems Testing/QA Specialist
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Contract F/T
Posted On: 01/10/2014
Are you a senior tester/QA specialist with 5+ years’ experience testing Java-based COTS solutions?
Do you have experience developing data load custom solutions using Oracle Developer Suite?
Do you have experience with testing tools, such as HP Quality Centre and HP Quick Test Pro?
Are you looking for a short-term contract in Toronto, ON?
If so, read on!
Our Ontario government client is seeing a senior tester/QA specialist to identify defects and issues during support system function testing (SFT), system integration testing (SIT), user acceptance testing (UAT) and go-live.
Location: Consultant will be required to work at own premises using own equipment.
Contract Duration: February 1, 2014 to April 11, 2014 (40 days) (with possibility of extension)
Services and Deliverables
• Creating Test cases for testing during SFT, SIT and UAT.
• Coordination of SFT, SIT and UAT activities, including consolidation of test results and coordination with development team for issues resolution and fixing.
• Creating final test report and provide acceptance advice to appropriate governance committees as defined in Test plans.
• Providing regular weekly status updates to project managers on progress and ensure that risk/issues are identified.
• Minimum of Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in testing of COTS, including Java based solutions.
• Working experience with developing data load custom solutions using Oracle Developer Suite?
• Extensive experience with testing tools, such as HP Quality Centre and HP Quick Test Pro?
Demonstrated, hands-on experience in:
• Creating Test cases for testing J2EE and Oracle applications during SFT, SIT and UAT test cycles.
• Coordination of SFT, SIT and UAT activities, including consolidation of test results and coordination with development team for issues resolution and fixing
• Creating test reports and providing solution acceptance advice to project governance committees
• Project management activities including status tracking, status updates and risk management.
Communication and Problem Solving
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Must be well organized, with high attention to detail in planning and execution of assigned work.
• A team player with track record for meeting challenging deadlines
For more information, or to apply, contact Wallace Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday January 13, 2014.